Every sheet of decking on this flat roof was completely saturated with water, rot was everywhere. We started by removing the old roof and all the decking. We installed new 1/2 inch decking, making the roof stronger and correcting natural depressions that slow water drainage. By installing eaves drip flashing along the perimeter water will clear the roof faster and the fascia will last longer. Next, we installed synthetic ice and water shield over the entire flat roof. This is a self-adhering (no nails) underlayment that provides a watertight barrier by sealing directly to the deck, providing continuous protection year after year. Completing the roof system, we applied a self-adhering modified bitumen membrane over the entire substrate, creating the last layer in a new, leak-proof roofing system.
Over 50% of roofs have a flat roof incorporated within it. Of that 50%, 75% of homeowners report active leaks, the other 25% just haven't realized it's leaking yet. Call Guyette Roofing and Construction today for a free flat roof diagnosis.